Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > Updates and MD802
Updates and MD802

2168 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-14 20:48:43

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    RBD
    2015-09-04 19:56:24
    I sent an email yesterday to support@autel.com but didn't receive a response.  Recently purchased an MD802.  I decided to upgrade to a larger SD card, as I've read that the OE card is full after updating.  I successfully registered the unit.  I installed all the updates (did have a problem installing one - in previous thread).  I tried using the unit with new SD card yesterday and had issues.  Do I need to format and re-install all updates, or just some?  It does work with OE SD card, but what good is the available updates if they don't work?  Please advise as to how to proceed.  Thank you.

•   Level 2   
    (22) points
    lazyek

2015-09-28 16:05:00 (Reply to:RBD)

Did you get this figured out? Please make sure when you format your SD card it is done as FAT32 and not NTFS.

Marek

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    qazrfv789

2015-10-11 11:45:32 (Reply to:RBD)

Just take your OE SD card and insert into your card reader computer slot, then copy and paste all the OE SD card files to a new folder created by you on your desktop. This may take an hour depending on HD speed.Then plug your new SD card into the computer card reader slot and copy the files/folders from the newly created desktop folder and paste to your new SD card ( could take more than 1 hour). Now you can go run the Autel Update application to and make sure all files are updated.

Good luck,

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    RBD
    2015-10-14 20:48:43 (Reply to:qazrfv789)
    Most new modern computers don't have a sd card reader.  I acquired a USB 2.0 card reader (which takes hours to update the BENZ updates).  I have found that if you take a blank SD card and try to load the updates via the update software, it doesn't work in the unit.  I had to get another SD card, as the first one I experimented with became "read only" and couldn't be formatted or erased.  In the next attempt, I copied the folders for "fonts" and "res" and created a folder for "scan" to the new SD card.  I copied the language and resource folders, as well as the items not in another folder (i.e. authorization, maxicheck.bin, etc).  I updated a few vehicles, and the unit is functional now.  Updating, the rest of the updates now.
  Total1 Pages